I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew. I love craft projects, and putting things together, but taking on two really big DIY projects has got me going CrAzY!
My number one project is our invitations. Other than our pocketfold and rsvp postcard, I have printed, cut, and assembled everything myself. I gave an invite to one of our bridesmaids, and she just loved them! She kept telling me how professional they look! I think that she will want to use something like mine for her wedding next year because she told me I'd have to show her how I made them. My parents were really stunned by the look of them as well. I felt like my mom was really proud because she isn't too involved with the planning, and to actually see a project that I've been working on, she seemed to juts be amazed at my "creativity".
I'm really happy with the way they have come out! It hasn't necessarily been too time consuming, just boring mainly with the cutting. I've got 40 more to go, which I plan on completing today on my wonderful day off. :o)
Another project I have taken on, which has oddly been the biggest one yet, is our tissue paper pomanders. I worked and worked on one... ONE... yesterday for approx. 4 hours, and I got half way done! Maybe I'll make the flowers bigger so they take up more space, therefore not using as much time. It's a good thing I have 3 months to complete these!!!
Listed are the two websites where I found inspiration, and directions for these two amazing projects!
- Road to the Aisle blog. She has been amazing for DIY projects! I highly recommend using this blog as a guide to all of your projects!
- This is a knottie (a/k/a a person from theknot.com). I don't know who she is, but these directions were posted on a board that I follow on the knot.
I, also, blogged about my hair and make up trial that was coming up. I love the make up! We will be adding false eyelashes to really make my eyes pop. But my hair was a total disaster! It was nothing like what I had asked her to give me, and the sad part is I ended up spending about $65 on something that ended up falling out in about 1 hr. I will have to go back to try to work something else out as far as my hair goes.
Oh, and p.s. My dad and I were going over my taxes and he ended up making a small mistake! I don't owe the IRS money, I am actually getting money back! YAY!! Which, all the money will more than likely go to wedding things... haha...
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Do It Yourself... a little too much... and hair and make up call
Posted by Dina at 8:43 AM
Labels: Beauty, DIY, Invitations
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Hey Dina! I was looking at usps.com and saw dragonfly stamps for 62 cents. It made me think of you!
Post a Comment