I've had so many things running through my mind lately, I just haven't had the time to situate them out! So, I'm taking the opportunity, now, with no dogs, fiance's, tv's, radio's, and what not's to try to get these thoughts down!
1.) I'm worried that our registry has too many things on them/it. We've only finished registering at one store, but there are a million things on there! Also, since I am such a huge fan of cooking/baking, there's a ton of kitchen electronics on our registries that are on the expensive side. I'm scared that we'll end up with all the small stuff, and have to buy the big stuff ourselves. Which, if that ends up being the case, I think it would be a huge struggle with Matt to make sure I'd get at least my Kitchen Aide stand mixer (which is my dream wedding present)! I'm starting to feel like I should take some things off, but I can't find anything that I have been willing to part with! I guess we just need to finish our Target registry, then I can make the decision after wards. We still don't know where we're going to find wall decor/art. You'd think that since we live in our state's capital that the stores around here would be amazing, but they are less than up to par. :o(
2.) I'm pretty sure that my parents haven't put down our cake deposit yet. In fact I'm 99.99% sure. They are such procrastinator's and I'm scared she's going to get booked before I can send the money in! I would just do it myself, but I don't have an extra $200 that I can part with right now. Alas, I'll just have to rely on my parents for that deposit! The sad thing is, the cake maker only lives a block away from where my mom work's, so she could easily drop off the payment during her lunch break or something, but I know she won't.
3.) I feel like I'm falling behind on wedding stuff. I've just realized in the past few days that I need to get all the invitation stuff prepared this month in order to have it ready for send off the first week of April! AH! Luckily, Matt said he'd help me, and I plan on asking my maid of honor to come up from Chicago to help out, but I'm still freaking out just a little. Those direction cards are going to be the bain to my existence!
4.) I thought that I had made my veil, but I've decided that I want something more intricate. I just made a simple cathedral length veil, but discovered that the color was off. So sad, my poor little fingers hurt from doing so much sewing! Well, while I was researching fabrics/veils/beading and so forth, I remembered how I had tried on this gorgeous veil with my dress when I went to go pick it up. The veil was amazing, the price tag wasn't. I knew my dad would not be thrilled about paying $300 on a veil when he had just coughed over over $3,000 for my dress! Matt's grandma said that she was more than happy to help make my veil, but this pattern is so hard! I've tried to find paper patterns for it, but have come up with nothing! I don't know how I'm going to make it work! I would LOVE a cathedral or chapel length veil with a cascade cut, and maybe some turquoise jewels or satin rat tail around the edge. We'll see if she'll be able to work it out! It's pretty much like the picture below, but the end would be rounded/curved rather than coming to a point.
5.) Our honeymoon is starting to stress us both out. We had thought we found the perfect place. An all inclusive in Cancun that was at an extremely reasonable price. But with the ongoing drug wars going on in Mexico, we've decided that it would be better to stay away. We've started researching the Dominican Republic as well as Bermuda, but neither of them have seemed too attractive so far. I guess more or less just a lot of crime. I wouldn't mind just going to Hawaii! I just want to swim with the dolphins and go snorkeling.
6.) Lastly, I am so torn about b-pics (better known as boudoir pictures). They're usually done either in cute lingerie or something that you'd think your man would find sexy. It's tasteful, beautiful pictures of art. However, my body is not at it's best. In fact, it's the worst that it's ever been! I'm so ashamed to show any part of myself in public right now! I've heard that so many girls feel the same way, but (as long as your photog is good) their photographer makes them feel at ease and a lot of the times they end up leaving feeling sexy and impowered. I know that Matt would love them, but I don't know if I'd look back on them and think... ugh, what was I thinking?! Maybe I'll just put it off until next year and give it to him for our one year anniversary.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Hmm... A little thinking, a lot of thoughts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
1. I looked up your registry, and we have a lot more than you do... I wouldn't worry about it! Most people will buy a few things, not like one spoon.
4. Have you looked at OBridal.com? Reenie pointed me to that site, and we've both gotten our veils there. They're great, everything is completely custom and they're cheap!
6. The traditional first anniversary gift is paper - I think a bpic album fits that really well!
girl you are doing great at planning!
Dont worry about your registry. Who cares if you have too much stuff on it, people will have plenty of options to buy what they can afford. As for the mixer maybe hint to your FAVORITE relative thats what you REALLY want ;) ha you'll get it.
The cake deposit situation does suck, and from stories I've heard about your mother, that may not get done for awhile. Maybe you should have your gf call your mom and pretend to be the owner of the cake shop. Have her tell your mom that you mentioned a check should be arriving and that she hadn't received it yet and wanted to make sure it didn't get lost :) Then your mom will be like oh shit..no i never sent it-i'll bring it down right now..! ha if only that would work
and b-pics are a MUST! You are crazy to think that your body is not ready. Go take those sexy pictures and show your goods off, your only getting older ;)
Post a Comment