I posted a while back about how I made a deposit of $50 at a florist recently. I thought I was happy that I got this item checked off the list, but now realize that I think I made a major mistake. I didn't do much research because I haven't heard much about florists in the area, so I just went with the floral company that I purchased all of my bouts through for h.s. dances. Now, I wish I had done some more research.
My last (and first) visit to the floral shop was a pretty nice meeting. The designer seemed to know what she was doing, and was going to see if she could dye some gerbera daisies turquoise blue. If not, she would look for some really good silks for me. She told me that the next time I was coming home to give her a call a few days before I'd be there, and she would experiment with som
e different options, and I could come in and see if I liked anything. Well, when I called today, she told me that the dye kept coming off the flower (which I know that Gerb's can be spray painted, I've seen them before). She then told me that there was no other option for me to get a blue Gerb. I've read a lot of different people who have cut the flower a few days prior to the event, and placed the stem in a food colored water so that the flower would then take up the food coloring, therefore making it that color. She never looked at silks, never tried anything else.
I tried to make an appointment with her for this saturday, and she just said "Well, you can come in, but I probably won't be here." I just thought in my head, "then why don't you just say you can't make an appointment this saturday?"
Once I hung up with her, I decided to call this other florist that I heard about. When he answered, he was really nice and asked a lot of questions that I didn't even think about. I'm really excited to meet with him. My only problem is not knowing how I could get my $50 deposit back from the other florist shop. I never signed a contract (which is dumb, I know) but I think it could get me out of this since I'm not binded to them other than by $50. My parents already said that they would just eat the $50 if I can find a better deal through this other florist. I'm really hoping to find something good!
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Floral, Flower, Florist
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment