CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 28, 2008

Experiment - Dying flowers

Matt and I left for the weekend, but before we left, I took a picture of a blue spot on my mums! There were actually quite a couple on the petals, and I was really excited!!

day 2
When we returned the following day, I noticed that near the middle of the flowers, there was a blue-ish hue to the petals. There were, also, string like colors of blue on the bottom of the petals.
day 3
Today, they pretty much look the same, but I think that we need to purchase some flowers that are actually buds rather than in full bloom so there is more time to have the food coloring go through the flower.
day 4
I recently purchased a sample pocket fold from cardsandpockets.com. It came in the mail today, and it was great. They're really inexpensive as well. The only problem was that it wasn't the same color that I had thought and it wasn't the correct size for my invitations. When I went to see if I could get the correct pocket fold in my color, it wasn't available. But I didn't waste my $5 purchase! I did use it to get some measurements for my own DIY pocket folds. Here's an idea of what mine will look like, using the pocket fold that I received from cardsandpockets.com.

I, also, ordered a photobook from mypublisher.com, today. I'm so excited to receive it! It's going to be used for our guest book during the reception. I was also really happy because I found a coupon for $20 off, so I only ended up paying $10! I'll update when I get it!! yay! For now, here's our "online" version!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.