CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Bridesmaids Dresses and a possible Wedding Planner

We have FINALLY decided on a designer for the bridesmaids dresses! I'm so excited to have it in the bag, and every one agreed upon! Now, I just need to make a trip to Chicago with all of them to find some dresses! I don't necessarily need to be there for them to pick them out, but I'd love to be included. We're going to be using Melissa Sweet, which is great because she is also the designer of my wedding dress. I'm so happy!!

I, also, had a meeting with two potential wedding planners last week. I had contacted a girl from the knot, and we had been conversing back and forth as far as a day of coordinator (a person who is in charge of taking care of things i.e. set up/tear down of reception hall, making sure vendors appear and on time, so on and so forth). While talking to them, I thought that I could utilize them for more than just my DOC. We started talking about decorations, and vendor negotiating. They are two girls who attend MSU, but they really seem to know what they're talking about! Especially one of them. She asked me a million questions, and I felt confident that they would help me pull of an amazing wedding. I, also, like the fact that they're young and will know what I'm looking for, rather than dated things that I'm sure many wedding planners try to wrap into the day. I e-mailed them today, and will hopefully be hearing from the shortly as far as price. I'm really happy with my decision to go with at least a DOC. Hopefully, a DOC plus!!

As far as my florist, I have yet to hear from him! I'm going to call him tomorrow on my lunch break to try to find out if he sent out my price quote yet. I realize that he is busy, as he runs his shop pretty much by himself, but I am worried since he told me it should be getting here last tuesday, and here it is a week later, and I still have nothing. I really like his designs and views. He's just so talented! Hopefully, I'll hear from him soon!!!

0 comments: